Each virtual organization must have a unique name.
The name must conform to DNS naming conventions and contain only lower-case letters.
Names within the egi.eu domain are controlled by the EGI User Community Support Team Representatives.
Other domains may be used, but you must have the right to allocate (or obtain) names within that domain.
Minimal restrictions are:
- VO name uniqueness will be enforced through technical implementation.
- VO name should be using alphanumerical characters plus the following characters "-" and "."
- VO name MUST be lowercase
- VO name should not be an offending word in any language.
- VO name should not be just a sequence of characters. Especially, names like "aaa" will be refused.