This VO covers the areas related to health and life sciences. Currently, it is divided into 3 sectors: medical imaging, bioinformatics and drug discovery. The VO is openly accessible to academics, and to private company for non-commercial purposes.
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Usage Policy v1.3
By registering with the biomed Virtual Organization as a GRID user you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use:
1. You shall only use the GRID to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies of the biomed VO and in compliance with these conditions of use.
2. You shall not use the GRID for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any GRID administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your GRID credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
3. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the GRID or GRID credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the biomed VO and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
4. Use of the GRID is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the GRID will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
5. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, shall be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed to other organizations anywhere in the world for these purposes. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
6. The Resource Providers, the VOs and the GRID operators are entitled to regulate and terminate access for administrative, operational and security purposes and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
7. You are liable for the consequences of any violation by you of these conditions of use.
8. The biomed VO can only be used for non-commercial activities. Companies may use resources only for design, testing and prototyping but not as a backend to commercial services.
9. Any published work obtained using resources available in the biomed VO MUST acknowledge this resource usage by copying the citation provided by the Acknowledgments Statement in the VO ID CARD (https://operations-portal.egi.eu/vo/view/voname/biomed).
Authors should let biomed VO managers know about such publication by sending the reference at email@example.com.