EISCAT, the European Incoherent Scatter Scientific Association, is established to conduct research on the lower, middle and upper atmosphere and ionosphere using the incoherent scatter radar technique. This technique is the most powerful ground-based tool for these research applications. EISCAT is also being used as a coherent scatter radar for studying instabilities in the ionosphere, as well as for investigating the structure and dynamics of the middle atmosphere and as a diagnostic instrument in ionospheric modification experiments with the Heating facility.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all members of eiscat.se Virtual Organisation, hereafter referred to as the VO, with reference to use of the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI) Cloud and/or Grid services, hereafter referred as Cloud and/or Grid.
The EISCAT community owns and gives authority to this policy.
The EISCAT VO aims to support the EISCAT , EISCAT 3D and other related projects with resources from the EGI infrastrucutre. Access to this VO is restricted to members of the EISCAT association. Parties not belonging to the Association may be granted access on terms approved by the EISCAT Council, in the scope of encouraging scientific collaboration with scientists or scientific institutions from non-Associate countries.
By registering with the Virtual Organization (the "VO") as a Grid or Cloud services user you shall be deemed to accept the following conditions of use:
1. Members and Managers of the VO agree to be bound by the Grid and Cloud Acceptable Usage Rules, VO Security Policy and other relevant Grid Policies, and to use Grid and Cloud services only in the furtherance of the stated goal of the VO.
2. Access to data owned by the VO is managed under the EISCAT Use of Data guidelines, referenced here: https://www.eiscat.se/about/access/groups/Documentation/UserGuides/EISCATRules/Guidelines
3. You shall only use the Grid and/or Cloud to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies of the VO of which you are a member and in compliance with these conditions of use.
4. You shall not use the Grid or Cloud for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any Grid or Cloud administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
5. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the Grid or Cloud or credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the VO and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
6. Use of the Grid or Cloud services is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the services will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
7. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, shall be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed to other organizations anywhere in the world for these purposes. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
8. The Resource Providers, the VOs and the Grid or Cloud services operators are entitled to regulate and terminate access for administrative, operational and security purposes and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
9. You are liable for the consequences of any violation by you of these conditions of use.