Structural biology and life sciences in general, and NMR in particular, have always been associated with advanced computing. The current challenges in the post-genomic era call for virtual research platforms that provide the worldwide research community with both user-friendly tools, platforms for data analysis and exchange, and an underlying e-infrastructure. WeNMR groups different research teams into a worldwide virtual research community. It builds on the established eNMR e-Infrastructure and its steadily growing virtual organization, which is currently the second largest VO in the area of life sciences. WeNMR provides an e-Infrastructure platform and Science Gateway for structural biology towards EGI for the users of existing infrastructures. It involves researchers from around the world and will build bridges to other areas of structural biology. Integration with SAXS, a rapidly growing and highly complementary method, is directly included in WeNMR, but links will also be established to related initiatives. WeNMR will serve all relevant INSTRUCT communities in line with the ESFRI roadmap.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all members of enmr.eu Virtual Organisation, hereafter referred to as the VO, with reference to use of the EGI Grid infrastructure and other Grid infrastructures outside Europe interoperable with EGI, hereafter referred to as the Grid.
The VO management owns and gives authority to this policy.
Members and Managers of the VO agree to be bound by the Grid Acceptable Usage Rules, VO Security Policy and other relevant Grid Policies, and to use the Grid only in the furtherance of the stated goal of the VO.
By registering with the Virtual Organization (the "VO") as a GRID user you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use:
1. You shall only use the GRID to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies of the VO of which you are a member and in compliance with these conditions of use.
2. You shall not use the GRID for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any GRID administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your GRID credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
3. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the GRID or GRID credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the VO and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
4. Use of the GRID is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the GRID will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
5. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, shall be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed to other organizations anywhere in the world for these purposes. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
6. The Resource Providers, the VOs and the GRID operators are entitled to regulate and terminate access for administrative, operational and security purposes and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
7. You are liable for the consequences of any violation by you of these conditions of use.