Acceptable Use Policy
# Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use
This Acceptable Use Policy and Conditions of Use ("AUP") defines the rules
and conditions that govern your access to and use (including transmission,
processing, and storage of data) of the resources and services
("Services") as granted by the EGI Federation, and the Virtual
Organisation to which you belong, for the purpose of meeting the goals of
EGI, namely to deliver advanced computing services to support researchers,
multinational projects and research infrastructures, and the goals of your
Virtual Organisation or Research Community.
1. You shall only use the Services in a manner consistent with the
purposes and limitations described above; you shall show consideration
towards other users including by not causing harm to the Services; you
have an obligation to collaborate in the resolution of issues arising
from your use of the Services
2. You shall only use the Services for lawful purposes and not breach,
attempt to breach, nor circumvent administrative or security controls.
3. You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
4. You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. passwords, private keys
or multi-factor tokens); no intentional sharing is permitted.
5. You shall keep your registered information correct and up to date.
6. You shall promptly report known or suspected security breaches,
credential compromise, or misuse to the security contact stated below;
and report any compromised credentials to the relevant issuing
7. Reliance on the Services shall only be to the extent specified by any
applicable service level agreements listed below. Use without such
agreements is at your own risk.
8. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with the privacy
statements referenced below.
9. Your use of the Services may be restricted or suspended, for
administrative, operational, or security reasons, without prior notice
and without compensation.
10. If you violate these rules, you may be liable for the consequences,
which may include your account being suspended and a report being made
to your home organisation or to law enforcement.
The administrative contact for this AUP is: email@example.com
The security contact for this AUP is: firstname.lastname@example.org