The OPENCoastS service assembles on-demand circulation and water quality forecast systems for selected coastal areas and keeps them running operationally for a period defined by the user. This service generates daily forecasts of hydrodynamics (water levels, velocities, wave parameters, salinity and temperature) and water quality (generic tracer, fecal contamination indicators) over the region of interest for 48 hours, based on numerical simulations of the relevant physical processes.
Acceptable Use Policy
By registering with the Virtual Organization OpenCoast as a user you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use:
1. You shall only use the resources to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals and policies of the OpenCoast VO of which you are a member and in compliance with these conditions of use.
2. You shall not use the resources for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
3. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the resources or your personal credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the OpenCoast and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
4. Use of the resources is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the resources will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
5. Logged information, including information provided by you for registration purposes, shall be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed to other organizations anywhere in the world for these purposes. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
6. The Resource Providers, the VOs and operators are entitled to regulate and terminate access for administrative, operational and security purposes and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
7. You are liable for the consequences of any violation by you of these conditions of use.