Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all members of the COMPASS Virtual Organisation,
hereafter referred to as the VO, with reference to use of the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI),
hereafter referred to as the Grid.
The VO owns and gives authority to this policy.
Goal and description of the COMPASS VO
COMPASS is a high-energy physics experiment at the Super Proton Synchrotron (SPS) at CERN. The purpose of this experiment is the study of hadron structure and hadron spectroscopy with high-intensity muon and hadron beams.
Nearly 220 physicists from 13 countries and 24 different institutions work in COMPASS and some 2PB of physics data are collected every year.
The COMPASS VO is aimed to allow to bring together and coordinate the computational resources that each participating institution makes available to the Experiment, within a distributed-computing model that encompasses a number of different countries.
By registering as a Grid user you shall be deemed to accept these conditions of use [Copyright © EGI.eu (www.egi.eu)]:
1. You shall only use the Grid to perform work, or transmit or store data consistent with the stated goals, policies and conditions of use as defined by the body or bodies granting you access.
2. You shall not use the Grid for any unlawful pur pose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any Grid administrative or security controls.
3. You shall respect intellectual prop erty and confidentiality agreements.
4. You shall protect your access credentia ls (e.g. private keys or passwords).
5. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the Grid or access credentials to the incident reporting locations specified by the Grid and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
6. You must notify the Registrar of any changes to your Registration Information.
7. Use of the Grid is at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the Grid will be available at any time or that it will suit any purpose.
8. Logged information, including information provid ed by you for registration purposes, is used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes only. This information may be disclosed, via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to other organisations cooprating with the Grid. Although efforts are made to maintain confidentiality, no guarantees are given.
9. The access-granting bodies and Resource Providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
10. You are liable for the consequences of you violating any of these conditions of use.
Members and Managers of the VO agree to be bound by the Grid Acceptable Usage Rules, VO Security Policy and other relevant Grid Policies, and to use the Grid only in the furtherance of the stated goal of the VO.