This regional VO provides general grid services and support for a wide range of scientific disciplines to the northeast region of France. The VO is open to all regional research institutions, either public or private.
To facilitate the use of grid computing, the VO team offers several services, like training, software development or project management.
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy applies to all members of vo.grand-est.fr Virtual Organization, hereafter referred to as the VO, with reference to use of the EGI Distributed Computing Infrastructure, hereafter referred to as the DCI.
The Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert Curien (IPHC) owns and gives authority to this policy.
Goal and description of the VO:
This VO aims to provide general services and user support for using DCI resources in the region Grand-Est, France. It covers a wide range of scientific disciplines.
By registering in the VO as a user you declare that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the following conditions of use:
1. You can use the services and DCI resources of the VO only for activities that relate to the work that you described when you applied for access.
2. You shall not use the VO services for any unlawful purpose and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls. You shall respect copyright and confidentiality agreements and protect your credentials (e.g. private keys, passwords), sensitive data and files.
3. You shall provide appropriate acknowledgment of support for your use of the resources/services provided. The following acknowledgement text can be used for this purpose (e.g. in scientific publications):
Results obtained in this paper were computed on the vo.grand-est.fr virtual organization of the EGI Infrastructure through resources from IPHC. We thank EGI, France Grilles and the IPHC Computing team for providing the technical support, computing and storage facilities.
4. You shall not use the resources/services for any purpose that is unlawful and not (attempt to) breach or circumvent any administrative or security controls.
5. You shall respect intellectual property and confidentiality agreements.
6. You shall protect your access credentials (e.g. usernames and passwords).
7. You shall keep all your registered information correct and up to date.
8. You shall immediately report any known or suspected security breach or misuse of the resources/services or access credentials to the specified incident reporting locations and to the relevant credential issuing authorities.
9. You use the resources/services at your own risk. There is no guarantee that the resources/services will be available at any time or that their integrity or confidentiality will be preserved or that they will suit any purpose.
10. You agree that logged information, including personal data provided by you for registration purposes, may be used for administrative, operational, accounting, monitoring and security purposes. You agree
that this logged information may be disclosed to other authorized participants via secured mechanisms, only for the same purposes and only as far as necessary to provide the services.
11. You agree that the body or bodies granting you access and resource/service providers are entitled to regulate, suspend or terminate your access without prior notice and without compensation, within their domain of authority, and you shall immediately comply with their instructions.
12. You are liable for the consequences of your violation of any of these conditions of use, which may include but are not limited to the reporting of your violation to your home institute and, if the activities are thought to be illegal, to appropriate law enforcement agencies.